Friday, November 20, 2009

Axillary hyperhidrosis help!!! what products should i use or ask my physician about?

I have been having sweating since middle school extensivly I have tried every deodorant even mens ones i tried all gels sprays and powders and solids. i tried putting deodorant evry 2 hours that didnt work so i tried every 1 hour it worked for a while but then it stopped working. I feel so self consious i manage to handle the smell most of the time by over loading on fantasy by britny spears. I stole my mom credit card to order odaban cause she didnt realize nothign was worng wiht me. oda ban worked the first week then it didnt afterwards and plus it stung me. i tried certain dri and it made my armpits all blakc but that was a year ago so now they are no longer black i recently tried secret clinical strength and it totally didnt work for me.please i am only 15 and i have been going through this since the age of 10 my parents say its just my hormones but then my mom realized her sister had the same problem but she had axillary and hands problem so please help with product suggestions

Axillary hyperhidrosis help!!! what products should i use or ask my physician about?
Aluminum chloride (hexahydrate) solution: Common brands of aluminum chloride solution (as antiperspirant) include "MegaDry®" (which uses a non-irritating blend of aluminum chlorohydrate), "Hydrosal® Gel", Drysol®, CertainDri®, B-Drier®, Odaban®, and Driclor®. While aluminum chloride is used in regular antiperspirants, hyperhidrosis sufferers need a much higher concentration to effectively treat the symptoms of the condition. A 15% aluminum chloride solution or higher usually takes about a week of nightly use to stop the sweating, with one or two nightly applications per week to maintain the results. An aluminum chloride solution can be very effective; some people, however, cannot tolerate the irritation that it can cause but these constitute a minority of all patients. Also, the solution is usually not effective for palmar (hand) and plantar (foot) hyperhidrosis - for which iontophoresis (see below) may yield better results in some circumstances





Botulinum toxin type A (Botox®): Injections of the botulinum toxin are used to disable the sweat glands. The effects can last from 4-9 months depending on the site of injections. With proper anesthesia the hand and foot injections are almost painless. The procedure when used for underarm sweating has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and now some insurance companies pay partially for the treatments.





Oral medication: There are several oral drugs available to treat the condition with varying degrees of success.[citation needed] A class of anticholinergic drugs are available that have shown to reduce hyperhidrosis. Ditropan® (generic name: oxybutynin) is one that has been the most promising. For some people, however, the drowsiness and dry-mouth associated with the drug cannot be tolerated. A time release version of the drug is also available, called Ditropan XL®, with purportedly reduced effectiveness. Robinul® (generic name: glycopyrrolate) is another drug used on an off-label basis. The drug seems to be almost as effective as oxybutynin, with similar side-effects such as a dry mouth or dry throat often leading to pain in these areas. Other less effective anticholinergic agents that have been tried include propantheline bromide (Probanthine®) and benztropine (Cogentin®). A different class of drugs known as beta-blockers has also been tried, but does not seem to be nearly as effective. Since the disorder is often caused by or exacerbated by high-anxiety, antidepressant drugs, such as Zoloft®, often help alleviate symptoms.
Reply:I have hyperhidrosis too. I'm 16 and I've had it for as long as I can remember. I have hyperhidrosis on my hands, feet, armpits, and trunk. (It sucks!) I know exactly what you mean!!


I went to the doctor a couple times and the first time he prescribed Drysol. I used it and it hurt like crazy!!! It worked for my armpits though, so I used it for a couple years. But I was sick of using. I bought a book with a better solution.


Go and buy a natural loofah (from Walmart, or Walgreen's etc...) and STOP using deodorant with aluminum!!! That's the problem. Aluminum clogs your pores and makes the sweating worse. So if you need deodorant (for JUST THE ODOR, not the sweat) buy a deodorant without aluminum. It will NOT be an anti perspirant. And make sure the first ingredient is Propylene Glycol. I've found that Adidas has a good one. It's called Cotton tech or something.


So once you've done that, every time you shower scrub under your arms with the loofah. It will be a little tender, so be careful. You should stop sweating in about a week. BUT... different loofah's wil give you different results. So if it's not working, try a different loofah.


I honestly didn't think this would work, but I don't sweat under my arms anymore. It's amazing. :) Just try it. It's a cheap solution that actually works. Now I only sweat when I'm working out and when it's hot. Just like normal people.


Enjoy!





PS. My doctor also prescribed Rubinol, and this works too, but I don't like the side effects. I had a really dry mouth and insomnia. :'( But I didn't sweat at all.

periwinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment