Friday, November 20, 2009

Hyperhidrosis help!?

hi, im 13 years old and i have this stupid thing called hyperhydrosis


i sweat a lot from my under arms and its embarrasing, but i hide it very well


i went to my doctor and he perscribed Drysol, but he gave me the wrong directions


he told me to put it on ONCE only, and to waste it all that 1 time


it burned my underarm so bad, i cried really hard


i still have burn scars


i stopped sweating for like 2 weeks


but then i was back on it


its really frustrating because i just entered high school, and i wanna be normal and buy shirts with sleeves, not just tanks tops


so please help? i really want this over





oh and i've considered going back to the doctor and taking Drysol again, but im really scared that the burns and the bruises i got from it the first time will come back





PLEASE HELP! =[

Hyperhidrosis help!?
Hey Kat,





That Drysol stuff sux, trust me. For your sweating problem you can do a few things, exercisign regularly tends to help and eating small portions often, instead of having big dinners helps your hyperhidrosis also...





As for other products, try http://www.megadry.com . It's like Drysol BUT it's made NOT to sting or itch or irritate. I use it and my excessive sweating is getting better and better the longer I use it.





My last recommendation is to try a lot of stuff out, except surgery as surgery for hyperhidrosis has a lot of side effects and it's not good in general.





Don't worry, it's a common problem...
Reply:Wow your doctor is insane. Does he not know how to read directions on the Drysol box?





Anyway it is not suprising drysol burned and scared your skin with that much application (1 bottle) per 1 session. You're supposed to apply enough to cover your HH area before you go to bed. And it should take a few weeks for you to finish the bottle. Not one night. I used this for my hands and after two normal applications my skin already started peeling. (Wasn't that bad for me; Drysol worked only temporarily)





I just can't believe your doctor told you to do that. WOW.


It caused you to have permanent scarring.





I know how frustrating this condition can be since I have it too.





I will advise if you go to the doctor to not take his advice on Drysol and tell your parents what the doctor has done. I believe his butt could be on the line for doing something like this.





Anyways here are some alternative treatments for HH:


http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/postt68...


http://www.esfbchannel.com/treatments/sw...





Hopefully you don't let this doctor hurt you more.


You can order Drysol online without perscription.


And if you ever consider ETS surgery, DO YOUR RESEARCH. It can be a pretty dangerous surgery with hidden side effects.





I wish you the best


No comments:

Post a Comment